LAST UPDATED: 12 JANUARY, 2020
Quirk Consulting (“We”, “Us”, the “Company”, or “ Quirk Consulting ”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want to tell You (“you”, “your” or “end-user”) how we use and protect your personal information or data (“Personal Data”). This includes informing You of your rights regarding your Personal Data that we hold.
This Policy sets out how we may use, process and store your Personal Data. We may get that information from You or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements You have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from You with your permission and consent, or we may receive your Personal Data from third parties who You have given consent to pass this information on to us.
By using, downloading, or visiting any of the Company’s Services, You are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this Policy.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
NOTICE TO END USERS
Many of our Services are intended for use by organisations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organisation (e.g., your employer), that organisation is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for controlling the access. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that Quirk Consulting’s policies.
Administrators are able to:
- restrict your access to the Services and therefore restrict your ability to edit, modify or delete your Personal Data; and access, modify and remove the information about you.
- Even if the Services are not currently administered or made available to you by an organisation, if you use an email address provided by an organisation (such as your work email address) to access the Services, then the owner of the domain associated with your email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and your use of the Services at a later date.
If you do not want an administrator to be able to assert control over your account and your use of the Services, please use your personal email address to register for or access the Services.
Please contact your organisation or refer to your administrator’s organisational policies for more information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect information from You because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You may give us information about You with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail;
- By contacting us via e-mail or some other medium to request service or support (e.g., Jira Service Desk);
- Applying for a job at Quirk Consulting.
When you contact us via e-mail or for service through the Jira Service Desk, we will collect your name, your email address, and any other information you choose to provide. This other information you choose to provide may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when You order products or services from us, or when You are taking a job at Quirk Consulting.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
If You visit our Website, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information;
- IP addresses;
- Information about what type of device You use to connect to our Website or Services; and
INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THE ATLASSIAN MARKETPLACE
As part of Our products and Services, We have access to the contact information (e.g., your name, phone number, e-mail address, any physical address) and license information (e.g., number of licenses, term of the license, etc.) You provide when You subscribe to a license for any of Our Services or when You renew maintenance for Our Services on the Atlassian Marketplace. We do not have any access to customer data from the Atlassian Marketplace beyond this.
WHY DOES QUIRK CONSULTING COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Quirk Consulting may collect your data for some or all of the following reasons:
- To allow us to enhance and your experience and the usability of the Services;
- To provide support services (including technical support) to You after You have requested or purchased such services;
- To send You information and updates pertaining to our Services if You have consented to receive such communications;
- To send You occasional company news, updates, related products and Services, promotions, special offers or service information pertaining to our products and Services if You have consented or requested to receive such communications. You may choose to opt-out of certain e-mail communication at any time by utilising the “unsubscribe” feature in the e-mail message;
- To provide information about Services You have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if You are already an existing Quirk Consulting customer;
- For any other specific purpose for which you have specifically provided consent;
- To employ You or consider You for employment; or
- To provide Services to You under contract.
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DOES QUIRK CONSULTING HAVE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Quirk Consulting may process your information because:
- We have a contract with You;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- We must provide products or Services to You after You have purchased something from us;
- We must provide Services to You because You have requested such Services; and/or
- It is necessary in order to comply with the law.
WHO MIGHT QUIRK CONSULTING SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Quirk Consulting will share the information we have collected about You (including Your Personal Data) only if we are required to do so by law, or if:
- a third party acquires Quirk Consulting or substantially all of its assets, Personal Data held by Quirk Consulting about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company;
- Quirk Consulting must comply with any legal obligation; or
- it is necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Quirk Consulting, our customers or others.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
We store data for varying lengths of time depending on the circumstances:
- If Your account is deactivated, terminated, or disabled, all data and content You have provided or that has been provided on or through your account will remain active and accessible for as long as necessary to allow Your team members or other users to make full use of the Services.
- After uninstalling the App, We store data for ninety (90) days to make sure it is there if you want to renew subscription and start using the Service again. If you want us to remove the data earlier, please follow the procedure provided below.
DATA STORED IN OUR APPS
Our downloaded Apps store all information in the Atlassian Jira server product where they are installed. All data is located in your IT system (server or data center) that hosts the Atlassian Jira server product.
No information stored on the installation IT system is made available to Us when You download, install, or use the Apps. The Apps do not transmit data from your IT system or from the end-user’s web browser to us or to any third-party.
DATA ABOUT YOU WE STORE OR TRANSFER
WHAT IF YOU CHOSE NOT TO GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If the Personal Data is necessary in order to supply products or services to You under a contract between You and Quirk Consulting, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if You do not give us Your Personal Data.
Quirk Consulting will respect your legal rights to your data.
As a processor of Personal Data, we will assist our customers and end users with responding to individual rights requests that they receive. In many cases, customers may be able to address these types of requests by logging into the applicable product and using settings available within such product or your account. Where this is not possible, please contact us to request assistance with any such individual rights requests.
Below are the Legal rights that You have under law, and what Quirk Consulting does to protect those rights:
THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
THE RIGHT TO ACCESS
You have the right to access your information. Our Services give you the ability to access certain information about you from within the Service. In certain cases, you may need to contact the administrator of your account or your company’s account. Please contact Us if have any questions or You wish to access the Personal Data Quirk Consulting holds about you.
THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
If the information Quirk Consulting holds about You is inaccurate or not complete, You have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact Us if You need us to rectify your information.
THE RIGHT TO ERASURE
This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If You want Quirk Consulting to erase all your Personal Data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact Us.
THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
You have the right to ask Quirk Consulting to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If You want Us to restrict processing of your data, please contact Us
THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to Quirk Consulting processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purpose of statistics. If You wish to object please contact Us
THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If You have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Quirk Consulting must stop processing your data. If You want to withdraw your consent, please contact Us.
THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You have the right to complain to the competent Data Protection Authority if You feel that Quirk Consulting has not responded to your requests to solve a problem.
Data provided through Jira Service Desk are securely stored on our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance bradquirk.atlassian.net hosted and maintained by Atlassian.
All other data is stored on servers with restricted access and only Quirk Consulting’ authorised users have access to such data, to the extent required for the performance of their job duties. All staff with access to customer data are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and complete security and privacy awareness training. In addition, We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data. Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask You for your passwords.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
ENABLING AND DISABLING COOKIES
View your browser’s help pages or information on how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
From time to time, the Website or Services may contain links to and from other websites, advertisers, and affiliates. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before You submit any Personal Data to these websites.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION UNDER THE GDPR (FOR USERS IN THE EEA)
For Services users in the the European Economic Area (EEA) Quirk Consulting processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how Quirk Consulting may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that Quirk Consulting will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service. This includes providing you with access to the information that you create in your designs.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by contacting Us, or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
Quirk Consulting may change this Policy from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to You in writing. We advise You to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.